A safe work environment means that businesses can operate effectively and successfully while increasing workers performance and morale. Local community engagement and employment form an integral part of Top Iron belief in giving back to the community, an approach in working sustainably.
The development of the Greater Mummaloo Project into an operating mine will have a positive impact on the surrounding communities and business centres through the creation of employment opportunities and increased business activities.
The Company is also participating in a number of key environmental and social initiatives aimed at increasing environmental protection and supporting local community throughout the mid-west and Perth regions. These initiatives include:
- Mt Gibson Endangered Wildlife Restoration Project – Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC) and Top Iron have entered into a partnership that will increase the protection of several Australia’s most endangered mammals. Top Iron will invest $1.375 million across five years towards the project.
- Improving cultural awareness and promotion of the Chinese-Australian relationship through community and business initiatives.
- Community and social development initiatives aimed at achieving positive social change through sports and recreation. These include sponsorships of local sporting teams and working with shires to develop community programs:
- Top Iron has entered into a major five year sponsorship with the Rovers Football Club. The sponsorship will run from 2014 to 2018 inclusive.
- Top Iron will be partnering shire of Perenjori and Yalgoo in setting up public benefits funds.
- Top Iron is also proud to sponsor and support local community sporting and social events in the mid-west region.